The TCYC Youth Training Fund
TCYC has received an extremely generous donation to be used for the benefit of the Cadet section of the club. The donation has been used to seed-fund a Youth Training Scheme to award grants to Cadets to part-fund initial training and race training progression.
Aims of the fund
- To fund initial training where there is a financial need for assistance.
- Or to fund race training for cadets who have committed to racing by consistent attendance at club races.
If you wish to apply for funding please download one of the forms linked below:
When completed, please email the form to:
YOUTH TRAINING FUND CRITERIA
- Applicants must be members of TCYC
- Applicants must sail regularly at TCYC or under TCYC burgee
- Applicants must show promise in developing their racing skills e.g. by selection to RYA regional squads or national squads
- Applicants that have gained national squad selection and have subsequently been invited to international events are to be encouraged by us with assistance of travel grants
- Applicants to be between 8 and 18 years of age
- One grant per annum
- No more than 2 grants in any 3 year period
- Maximum award of £500 unless exceptional circumstances dictate otherwise
- Applicants must have exhibited good behaviours
- Closing date for applications is 30th September (from 2017)
- Awards will be made by 31st December
The fund will be administered by three senior club members selected by the Management Committee who would usually be the Cadet Officer, the RYA Principal and another Management Committee member.
The grants will be proposed by the administrators and ratified by the Management Committee.
Grants will usually be for specific items such as entry fees and course fees with allowances for any equipment that requires funding.
The scheme will not necessarily fund every application.
The above criteria are subject to the discretion of the Trustees of the fund and the Management Committee.